2023 Spring Registration Announcement
Spring Registration for 2023 begins December 12 for California teachers and December 14 for out-of-state teachers. Calendars will open both days at 3pm. Programs will run from January 9th-June 16th!
Why are we offering fall registration and spring registration instead of opening up the whole year?
- Teachers will now get TWO opportunities to register on an open calendar, once on September 1st, and a second opportunity on December 12.
- Teachers will no longer need to plan so far ahead, leaving less room for changes, forgotten appointments, and cancellations.
- Our staff will now have more opportunity to participate in professional development trainings held throughout the year.
Why are we offering a delayed registration date for out of state teachers?
- We are a State of California resource, and increasing access to California students is our top priority.
- Out-of state registration that occurs prior to December 14th are subject to cancellation.
Are we able to register after December 12 / December 14?
- Yes, after the calendar opens registration will be available – so long as there are open appointments – through the spring.
How do I select program start time? ****** NEW!
- This spring, some parks will be offering programs within blocks of time. This means you will see multiple program start times to select from (9am, 9:15am, 9:30am, etc.) and as soon as one is booked, the next 45 minutes will be listed unavailable.
- Parks that are unable to offer blocks of time will offer set start times as usual.
- The time you select is the start time of your program. Once confirmed this cannot be changed.
What if the program I want to attend is fully booked before I get an opportunity to register?
- Take a look at our PORTScasts calendar! PORTScasts are open for any teacher and any student to register. They are held in a safe webinar format to increase our reach to more than just one classroom. Who knows what part of the world your PORTScast classmates might be in!
- Visit the PORTS YouTube page and our individual park pages to see what resources are available at your fingertips!
Can I invite multiple classrooms to my on demand program?
- Most likely yes. However PLEASE contact your PORTS program presenter to confirm and be sure to provide an updated number of students attending.
Does PORTS have classroom resources I can use to go with my virtual programs?
- Yes! Check out our instructional resources page to learn more.